A few days ago, as a part of Camp Koering, Jake and Jer-Bear took the kiddos out to see the garden and harvest what was ready to be brought in. Turns out – as is the 4th of July tradition around here–the radishes like to make an appearance about now, and we like to try and make a thing of it. Jer-Bear took the opportunity to teach the kids about how to see if the radishes are ready to come out…
- Push the leafy green leaves aside, which gives you a good view of the vegetable
- Can you see any of a red “ball” peeking out?
- If you don’t see any red, it’s probably not ready… leave that one be.
- If you can see part of the red “ball,” it’s probably ready to come out.
- And then just pull! Voila.
Piece of cake. (Or a tiny little piece of radish, more like.) So, each kiddo picked three radishes and plopped them into the bucket. Cool! It warms my mom-heart when the kids get involved.
This is just some raw footage that we were collecting to be a part of the Camp Koering video, but wanted to share because of all the awesome little giggles and squeals of joy. Take a look: